corelist - a commandline frontend to Module::CoreList
See Module::CoreList for one.
- corelist -v
- corelist [-a|-d] <ModuleName> | /<ModuleRegex>/ [<ModuleVersion>] ...
- corelist [-v <PerlVersion>] [ <ModuleName> | /<ModuleRegex>/ ] ...
lists all versions of the given module (or the matching modules, in case you used a module regexp) in the perls Module::CoreList knows about.
finds the first perl version where a module has been released by date, and not by version number (as is the default).
- -? or -help
help! help! help! to see more help, try --man.
all of the help
lists all of the perl release versions we got the CoreList for.
If you pass a version argument (value of
5.008008), you get a list of all the modules and their respective versions. (If you have the
versionmodule, you can also use new-style version numbers, like
In module filtering context, it can be used as Perl version filter.
As a special case, if you specify the module name
, you'll get
the version number of the Unicode Character Database bundled with the
requested perl versions.
- $ corelist File::Spec
- File::Spec was first released with perl 5.005
- $ corelist File::Spec 0.83
- File::Spec 0.83 was released with perl 5.007003
- $ corelist File::Spec 0.89
- File::Spec 0.89 was not in CORE (or so I think)
- $ corelist File::Spec::Aliens
- File::Spec::Aliens was not in CORE (or so I think)
- $ corelist /IPC::Open/
- IPC::Open2 was first released with perl 5
- IPC::Open3 was first released with perl 5
- $ corelist /MANIFEST/i
- ExtUtils::Manifest was first released with perl 5.001
- $ corelist /Template/
- /Template/ has no match in CORE (or so I think)
- $ corelist -v 5.8.8 B
- B 1.09_01
- $ corelist -v 5.8.8 /^B::/
- B::Asmdata 1.01
- B::Assembler 0.07
- B::Bblock 1.02_01
- B::Bytecode 1.01_01
- B::C 1.04_01
- B::CC 1.00_01
- B::Concise 0.66
- B::Debug 1.02_01
- B::Deparse 0.71
- B::Disassembler 1.05
- B::Lint 1.03
- B::O 1.00
- B::Showlex 1.02
- B::Stackobj 1.00
- B::Stash 1.00
- B::Terse 1.03_01
- B::Xref 1.01
Copyright (c) 2002-2007 by D.H. aka PodMaster
Currently maintained by the perl 5 porters <firstname.lastname@example.org>.