Perl 5 version 16.1 documentation
ptardiff - program that diffs an extracted archive against an unextracted one
- ptardiff is a small program that diffs an extracted archive
- against an unextracted one, using the perl module Archive::Tar.
- This effectively lets you view changes made to an archives contents.
- Provide the progam with an ARCHIVE_FILE and it will look up all
- the files with in the archive, scan the current working directory
- for a file with the name and diff it against the contents of the
- ptardiff ARCHIVE_FILE
- ptardiff -h
- $ tar -xzf Acme-Buffy-1.3.tar.gz
- $ vi Acme-Buffy-1.3/README
- $ ptardiff Acme-Buffy-1.3.tar.gz > README.patch
- h Prints this help message