ptar - a tar-like program written in perl
ptar is a small, tar look-alike program that uses the perl module Archive::Tar to extract, create and list tar archives.
- ptar -c [-v] [-z] [-C] [-f ARCHIVE_FILE | -] FILE FILE ...
- ptar -c [-v] [-z] [-C] [-T index | -] [-f ARCHIVE_FILE | -]
- ptar -x [-v] [-z] [-f ARCHIVE_FILE | -]
- ptar -t [-z] [-f ARCHIVE_FILE | -]
- ptar -h
- c Create ARCHIVE_FILE or STDOUT (-) from FILE
- x Extract from ARCHIVE_FILE or STDIN (-)
- t List the contents of ARCHIVE_FILE or STDIN (-)
- f Name of the ARCHIVE_FILE to use. Default is './default.tar'
- z Read/Write zlib compressed ARCHIVE_FILE (not always available)
- v Print filenames as they are added or extracted from ARCHIVE_FILE
- h Prints this help message
- C CPAN mode - drop 022 from permissions
- T get names to create from file