Perl 5 version 30.0 documentation
CPAN::Plugin::Specfile - Proof of concept implementation of a trivial CPAN::Plugin
- # once in the cpan shell
- o conf plugin_list push CPAN::Plugin::Specfile
- # make permanent
- o conf commit
- # any time in the cpan shell to write a spec file
- test Acme::Meta
- # disable
- # if it is the last in plugin_list:
- o conf plugin_list pop
- # otherwise, determine the index to splice:
- o conf plugin_list
- # and then use splice, e.g. to splice position 3:
- o conf plugin_list splice 3 1
Implemented as a post-test hook, this plugin writes a specfile after every successful test run. The content is also written to the terminal.
As a side effect, the timestamps of the written specfiles reflect the linear order of all dependencies.
WARNING: This code is just a small demo how to use the plugin system of the CPAN shell, not a full fledged spec file writer. Do not expect new features in this plugin.
The target directory to store the spec files in can be set using
- o conf plugin_list push CPAN::Plugin::Specfile=dir,/tmp/specfiles-000042
The default directory for this is the
directory in the cpan_home
Andreas Koenig <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Branislav Zahradnik <email@example.com>